Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Training Days


I won’t lie; Peace Corps training days are long. The first week felt like months. In fact, a fellow trainee said, “Each day feels like a week.” And it’s true! It’s not because the training sessions are boring. I actually enjoy them. We act out skits, we do group activities, and we continuously learn to speak Bahasa Indonesia. The days are simply long. To prove it, here’s my daily routine:

PAGI (morning) 
4:30- 5:15am Wake up to call to prayer. Put on yoga pants. Attempt to go for a jog.
5:20am – Tell myself, “Tomorrow.” Lay down for another 20 minutes
5:40-6:00am – Mandi (shower) and Makan (eat)
6:15-7:25am – Head to Katie’s house for Wi-Fi and guava juice
7:30-11:45am – Language Class

SIANG/SORE (Early Afternoon/Late Afternoon)
12:00-12:30 - Makan
12:40pm-1:00pm – Walk to the next village
1:00-5:00pm – Culture/Teaching training with Peace Corps staff

MALAM (Evening)
6:00pm – Makan
6:45pm – Mandi
7:00pm – Hang out with host family.
8:00pm – Alone time in my room. I get to wear SHORTS, read my book, write 
      brilliant blog entries like this one, and write in my diary.
9:00pm – Sleep

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Needless to say, I’m tired! But it’s worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment